View Single Post
Old 03-5-2018, 02:48 PM   #17
m3t4kn1ght
I have a calico cat
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to m3t4kn1ght
Default Re: Hand positioning

Thanks for the tips guys! I actually think I can make some minor adjustments now and see how this works for a while. Never really thought of proper hand placement and posture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
its all preference my dude, but what i did is pull off all the keys except the ones i use to play so i can easily move my setup wherev whenev. taking all the keys off helps with not getting ur fingers trapped between keys as well.

recently i've been playing around at the top of the kb stuff like QWOP, ERIO, 1290 ect. It feels more comfy then AS;' imo bc ur wrists are quite as angled. I tend to slip forward not backward on my keys so playing at the top helps control that somewhat.

Also what helps me when my fingers are just feeling hella weird is to smoke lol then i forget all about my hands and just hit the keys to the music.

A staggered setup might feel more comfy to u... like AZ/' instead of AS;' personally I could never get used to it but some ppl like it.

gl meng, if u play everyday after awhile it should come naturally to u. i think.
haha bloody oath man, I have had moments that smoking made me kinda zone out and let muscle memory do its work, however I end up having trouble reading faster patterns sometimes. or staring at a screen of upscrolling arrows without blinking just feels weird and trippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPoptart View Post
I used to use sdkl but along with using wasd on other games my s, d, and sometimes a key are pretty f'ed. Use zx./ now.

I used to "I can't get a comfortable spot for my right hand at all", all the time, but since I started using my laptop I've had to deal with awkward positions a lot more. I still sometimes get the feeling but I find it helps if you really try not to think about your hands while you're playing. Kind of like when you think about your tongue in your mouth and it feels really big and can't find a good position for it, or like when you start overthinking your breathing pattern and it feels like you're breathing manually. I usually just have shower thoughts while I play and let muscle memory take over and if I start actively thinking about my hands, they feel weird.
aye mate it's literally like this. I think I've always kinda had that annoying overthinking of things. I even get the moments where midway into a song my pinky starts feeling weird curved and I try to adjust it to a comfortable position whilst trying to focus on the song. often resulting in boos.

Last edited by m3t4kn1ght; 03-5-2018 at 02:50 PM..
m3t4kn1ght is offline   Reply With Quote