View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 12:51 AM   #6
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: Major update: I have joined a driver’s ed course, not sure where to go from here

find an isolated area. I know you're in a big city so drive to West Texas where there ain't shit and ain't nobody if you have to. Its well worth it as a starting block.

Don't give a shit how fast you're going so long as you're not going 2x above the speed limit since you're probably not starting out on the highway.

Highways aren't scary. I know you're going fast, and you really ought to start out not on a highway because you want to at least have the foundation before you go as fast as you will need to on a highway, but don't be intimidated once you get there. They aren't anything if you can drive elsewhere.

Learn how to park. Its basically as important as driving. Learn how to park well. Again, you live in a city, and in cities, parking is fucking atrocious. Do three point turns.

You will always be asked which way to turn the wheels when you're parked on a hill in an exam. Learn it.

Always put on your parking brake, even when you're not on a hill. You won't forget to put it on when you park on a hill.

Most importantly, and this is the advice you ought to retain from this if you get nothing else, chill. You got this. Everyone can drive. Its scary at first. It'll be fine though, everyone starts out small. No one knows how to drive in the beginning, regardless of how much GTA they've played or anything.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote