View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #12
Guitarman93
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Do I need to upgrade my keyboard?

Well, I conducted a test. I switched out the K200 for the "modern" KB216t, cliclets are still gross, and the rubber-dome left my hands fatiguing at a much faster rate than previous. (The feeling of the mushy domes is atrocious) However, that being said, I did have improved key registry, but not enough to make a permanent change. So I think a new keyboard is in order, because I'm not going to let missed keystrokes hinder my playing.

So, the last time I was seriously into speed typing and looking at investing in a mechanical keyboard was nearly a decade ago. The market has changed technology has changed and Cherry patent has expired allowing other companies to start innovating and offering competing products.

I have to have a 10-key, and it has to be wired. I don't care about shiny lights, or any marketing gimmicks that target "gamers". I have a budget of poor. After about a week of searching, so far the best I have found is the RedDragon K551-N. I'm open to opinions and suggestions. Including searching for older models as people upgrade.
Guitarman93 is offline   Reply With Quote