View Single Post
Old 06-5-2008, 10:25 AM   #34
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Are you a bad enough dude to increase FFR's classical library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
Absolutely amazing for someone that did this in one day. My main three issues are 1) I think you used too much reverb (the echo is extremely apparent), 2) initial rubato/slowdown is stilted, I think, and might work better with it removed 3) the sounds run together and create a kind of muddy sound that happens when you say something too close to a microphone.

Even still, this is great. I would step this even with no changes made to it.
I'm glad to hear that. Since I directly input tempo changes based on what was coded into the MIDI itself, the stilt that you hear in the beginning is as far as I know the way the MIDI was meant to be played, but I'll remove it. I'll also take out the delay plugin and turn down the verb in general. The muddy sound is an interesting problem though; since I believe this soundfont is an actual Steinway that was recorded into banks, what's happening is that since the notes are triggering so closely to each other, you ARE in fact probably hearing the feedback of recording the notes from the real piano through a mic. The only thing I can do is reduce the volume that those notes are triggering; messing with the EQ seems to very quickly destroy the natural image of the piano sound. I'll apply some fixes and update this post later, probably with one of the Alkans as well.

As for now, having stayed up all night doing that and despite my name, I need to ****ing sleep.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyris1 View Post
Agreed. The sound is very nice overall though. sleepless - Have you stepped it yet?
Haha, I try to leave the stepping to the ones who are good at stepping. ^_^

Last edited by sleeplessdragn; 06-5-2008 at 10:27 AM..
sleeplessdragn is offline   Reply With Quote