View Single Post
Old 10-9-2023, 02:23 AM   #3
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Question for creators

I wish I could offer you a solution or advice but I'm in the same boat in terms of feeling like I completely lack the ability to be creative with anything I do. The only thing I do that is somewhat creative is stepping, but anything beyond that is non-existent and even my creativity in stepping songs is pretty lacking.

Only advice I can really give that relates a bit with me when stepping songs is that exposing yourself to other peoples creative work or discussing it with them sometimes could lead to some inspiration, or help give you ideas on how to approach your own creativity. There's also the issue of my lack of confidence where having friends or acquaintances that support and believe in you goes a long way. Without that I would probably no longer be stepping.

Another tip is to not give up, it may just take a long time to reach certain breakthroughs in creativity. I was stepping all the way back in 2011-2014 and everything I made during that time frame was very basic, boring, and nonsensical (at least that's how I see it and even now I still have that issue sometimes). After I took a break from rhythm games/stepping for over 6+ years and came back in 2022-2023, my stepping has improved a decent amount I think and I finally had this breakthrough to where I could chart a higher difficulty bracket of songs out of nowhere that I couldn't before and create more polished charts (I assume it might have just been from my mind maturing over the years or something I guess Idk?).

I wish you luck on your creative journey and hope that the things you make will make you happy and bring you joy as that's what really matters ^^

Last edited by Elite Ninja; 10-9-2023 at 02:46 AM..
Elite Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote