View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #731
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestREA View Post
This is how I feel every time I play Solo Queue. I want to get better, I want to play a lot and I want to improve, but I have a huge problem with being "that guy" who fed bot lane and lost us the game. I'm just really afraid of royally screwing up and then everyone just harping on you for the next 30 minutes. That fear often has me shiver or get really nervous when the game starts. Losing is going to happen but it's hard when your mistakes were a large part of the loss.
First step is to just get over the fear of losing. Sounds easy, but a lot of ppl have the same fear. Just gotta go into every game with the mindset that you're gonna put forth your best effort. Theres a lot of unnecessary rage and frustration in ranked games, but thats just the nature of ranked. People are gonna get frustrated when shit doesnt work out, but you've gotta play your own game. Play calming music, turn off nameplates, blockout any distraction that makes you associate yourself with your name and other players with theirs. Everyone gets frustrated, that comes naturally with the desire to win. Knowing that, remember that every game is a new one, any shit that happened in the previous game means absolutely nothing (having this mindset prevents prolonged tilting/loss streaks). Yeah yeah you're gonna get ppl from your previous game from time to time, I recommend waiting like 5-10 mins in between every game after you finish. Watch some funny video or something, play FFR between games idk just avoid spam queuing.

2 most important tips for climbing ranked:

1. Play shit you're comfortable with. Doesn't matter if X Fotm champ is open, don't feel pressured to play it if you aren't comfortable.
2. Play to improve yourself as a player. Analyze what went wrong in games that you lose, figure out what you could have done better in games you win, etc. Perfect games are impossible for an individual. There is ALWAYS something you can be doing better.

Other random tips:
If you're tilting hard, just take a break, do something to calm yourself down. Frustration usually leads to more frustration: stop the rage train before you forget where the brakes are.

Everyone has bad games, yelling at them won't help any. If you've got feeders, just gotta suck it up, try to take leadership of the team and make the most out of bad situations. (ex having feeding ppl splitpush/distract while the ppl that matter take objectives)

Ranking is just some arbitrary title/rank given to ppl to give a rough idea of skill. Your goal shouldnt be Diamond/plat/whatever rank. It should be to keep improving.

Oh and buy wards.

Edit: this is all super-general stuff, knowing what to do in specific situations just takes experience which comes naturally as you play the game more and more.

Last edited by DarkZtar; 01-28-2014 at 04:20 PM..
DarkZtar is offline   Reply With Quote