SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall
Default Re: Rock Band. More Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
lmfao you say that like i need to be told why

except as i already pointed out i know it's a good marketing decision

And I'm not saying I don't like them - I'm saying they're bad. You can wave around the "lol they sold a lot" card all you want, but just because there are more people saying "1+1 = 11" doesn't make it true. In fact, most of the musicians I know think that Beatles are tripe, and these are people making a living off of music, who know it inside out. If the general population is satisfied with a group of monkeys that can't do much more than strum and keep rhythm, good on them.

Here's a comparison for you. Do you know about Twilight? It is a very successful series. It has sold extremely well and even has attracted attention from Hollywood, so now it has movies being produced that are based on it, which means even more revenue for the author.

By your standards, this makes the book good. The only problem is, it isn't. Ask anyone with a lick of literary know-how (or anyone who isn't a teenage schoolgirl). The books are utter garbage.

Bad things can still sell. That doesn't make them good. Sorry.
Did you completely miss the point or something. Seriously. I could just repost what I said before. I don't care if you like them or not or whether you think they are bad or not, I am telling you if something has done well it means A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE IT. I'm not saying everything popular is good, please point out where I said that? I don't know why I'm asking you to do it rofl because I know you can't I ****ing typed out the response and know I didn't say it.

Quote:
You can wave around the "lol they sold a lot" card all you want, but just because there are more people saying "1+1 = 11" doesn't make it true.
I never waved that card in response to "The Beatles suck" I waved it about to "Why game beatlez?".

Okay although this is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the price of fish. And Math answers aren't debatable or about opinions. I'm going to assume you mean "just because loads of people like The Beatles doesn't mean they are good".

I'm not arguing with you whether they're good or not, stop trying to steer it that way it's subjective and not debatable sorry, it'll come down to the same thing. What I AM saying refers back to your "Why why why why" post. I know you've taken on board that it was a good marketing decision, however you still say,

Quote:
By your standards, this makes the book good
No it doesn't. Again, I don't feel popularity = good. Where are you getting that? Twilight is horrible in my opinion, but a lot of people must like it, hence why it's a franchise now. Never said things that are bad in my opinion couldn't sell.

To wrap this up, dude. Everything I've said is to do with your why post and your misinformed attack at standards that aren't mine.

I can admit that maybe I should of just taking what you said as a simply "I do not like the Beatles and think they are terrible" and be done with it, you just came across strong on something purely opinionated.

Last edited by SethSquall; 06-4-2009 at 07:38 PM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote