View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 09:34 AM   #17
Wiosna
for you, eternally
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Best Maps For Osu!Mania Thread.

Not exactly contingent to this thread (I can give maps that I think best encapsulate the archetypal o!m "style"), but I can definitely write up a giant post on the differences between o!m charting and EO/FFR charting tomorrow if people are interested. Given, there are a ton of o!m charting circles, but there's an eclectic group of circles in EO as well, and people would only pick out a few circles from the EO community and generalise it to the entire community. There's always this bad-faith assumption in most rhythm game circles that o!m is filled with bland anime charts and rhythmgamecore, and while there is some veracity behind that notion, it only represents one of many circles in the community (unfortunately the largest at one point, might still be but I doubt it). That generalisation is as bad and frankly worthless as saying that all SM charts are nonsensical dumps or something along those lines.

The differences between some notable o!m charting circles and SM/FFR charting circles aren't as drastic as you'd expect. Otherwise, charters from the o!m community wouldn't be getting as much traction as they would here or in SM.

Last edited by Wiosna; 12-20-2020 at 09:37 AM..
Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote