Old 09-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #758
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I can't turn back time and change what's already done. To me, it was fun added excitement that to my knowledge people enjoyed. There were other prizes that were added before the top 8 as well that people could have strived for, such as the necklace. So I really didn't think it was a big deal.

If others have an issue with surprises being added I'd like them to voice it too, because frankly I really like having them and if the majority is okay with it I'd like to still do them in the future. But if that many people are pissed off then I wont.
Okay like, surprises midway through are one thing. I see the value in adding excitement in that method, sure. But when the prizes that are added are direct content for the game that will remain inaccessible for the time being, that's the frustrating part. Knowing the schedule for a tournament allows you to plan when to play and how much effort is worth putting in because you see the prize pool, you see your competition, you have a general idea of where you can get to. I think it would be more fair for the prizes that get added in midway through or whatever to not be correlated with additional content for the game itself, and quite restrictive at that. What's done is done and I'm not asking for a change but going forward I think it would be kinder to players to disclose such content from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
@ bolded statement: bold of you to assume that literally no one else in this tournament falls in the same situation.

As far as the rest: there's still no one else to blame but yourself for the laziness, because at the end of the day, guess what: if you would have put in the effort instead of worrying about top 8 and there being "nothing else", you would have gotten a more favorable placement and still gotten what you wanted (and likely deserved).

If you had the capability to push forward, you should have. You barely put any effort into recording attempts through just about anything in this tournament and as a result, likely didn't do anything to really figure out how to improve your scores in an optimal manner - you got eliminated and got the result you deserved.

As I said before: this complaining is coming in bad faith. Put more effort next time and apply yourself.

EDIT: changed full attempts to recorded attempts because that's what I meant
Apparently I need to deconstruct this further. Some players quite frankly couldn't give less of a shit about their final placement in the tournament. So when you say I could have pushed further and gotten a more favorable placement, that alone means absolutely nothing to me. It would have been through sheer coincidence that I would have received something worthwhile to me personally but only on the basis that it wasn't disclosed until that late in the tournament. You can harp on players should play to the best of their abilities regardless all you want. Apparently you can't see that there's a direct correlation between time invested and what the prospective rewards would be for that player. Players that are incentivized by competition alone, like you, exist. This is common knowledge. Players that don't care about competition and are more motivated by prizes, especially ones that result in additional game content, exist. Saying that the latter mindset shouldn't exist is absurd, not everyone takes this game as seriously as you but would still enjoy competing for these types of prizes.