View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 05:52 PM   #1512
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp

Day (Day?!) 1018: by Fever Ray (Album Choice: IRL friend I'm not naming)

Exactly a month hiatus!

My friend told me a couple months ago that he was staying in unless he found cheap tickets for this guy live that night. I don't remember what night it was, I just remember that I was at a different show and that I saw no cheap tickets for this show online whenever I looked in assistance. Anyways, here we go.

Oh yeah, I've actually listened to several new albums over the past month... and I've forgotten how I've felt about most of them. I wish my ADHD wasn't so bad because now I'm only gonna review and score something if I re-listen to it, no matter how strong those memories are. We're starting with this one because it was the most recent, and that makes it easy.

Honestly, for the most part I think this is actually pretty cool. I'm not sure it's super innovative or unique or anything, but it's fun synthy indie pop stuff with a moderately weird edge to it, and it has a cohesive enough style without feeling too repetitive. I especially like the noisier, more atonal cuts. My only complaint is that sometimes the vocals are a bit TOO theatrical, but I think this is pretty solid overall.

Actually, second complaint, what the fuck is that makeup?

Best Track: nah
Rating: 7.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote