View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #1324
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

I've overthought this game about a few people, to the point of being wrong; I was convinced for a while Zoshi was wolf because he was too strong of a town to me, and I was convinced Curry was a town who simply made a few mistakes because I'm prone to misreading his type, and I was convinced Xel was a wolf because he's Xel. These are all bad arguments.

I think going off of a philosophy of who was saved/blocked/etc is also poor, because there's too many variables in play, and not all of them even lead anywhere conclusive. It's an easy way to convince yourself of a certain idea.

I'll entertain one theory, based on the three way kitb:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Curry-->round
Round-->celery
InD-->curry
If the logic goes that Curry was adamant about killing Round because they popped his vest, then that would imply it to be solid logic for Round to insist on me because he popped my vest; obviously given what we have now it's impossible for Round to have popped my vest, so I think this theory goes out the window.
An alternative route down this: I didn't vote, when voting could've saved me. I missed EoD. I stopped caring about this game because it became not worth it for me for a long time, with the shitty start due to Manti once again. Every phase really had something come up that made the game unenjoyable, and it's unfortunate that now it's becoming Olimar doing that, although to his credit to a much lesser degree (more on him later). I probably would've cared more if I was a role that had a faction's victory contingent on me voting correctly more consistently, and would've been more invested due to there being more to it than merely trying to solve with a whole chunk missing which only leads to shitty circumstance, and I could see Roundbox being the same. I kinda know him as someone who actually tries hard in games typically, outside of TWG particularly to my knowledge, so for him to be... apathetic is pretty abnormal. I guess because of all these similarities, I see himself and myself to be the same role. I doubt SK roundbox would give up a chance to win and leave it to a kitb if his victory relied solely on the three way coinflip.

In a similar vein, here's a story of my first time wolfing.
I was unfamiliar with the role, and nightchat was off at the start, so I was on my own to think of a gameplan. I had the idea of choosing a target out of the gate (in this game it was FreezinIce), and went all-in with trying to get him lynched. I tunneled solely on him, built up a case against him and him alone. I pretty much ignored everyone else, even if directly contacted. I resorted to anger and vitriol when anyone challenged my logic, because it seemed the easiest way to seem genuine about something I knew to be false, and the best way to get people to believe me I thought.

I think this sounds similar to Olimar this game.
He's clearly unfamiliar with the role based on his questions, and he's been quiet unless he felt he absolutely had to reply to something. He's also lately started to resort to anger with me and only me, though admittedly I've been hard on him relative to others still in the game.

anecdotal too, but in the one game I was SK here, I was apologetic for being late/inactive/etc for whatever reasons I had, which was convenient till I got shot by vigi on n1

There's a bit more to it than just meta though; frankly, I don't think I buy the dumbtell, particularly because he's cited back to it this game as if it's a definitive reason he's not 3p. That doesn't feel very towny to me, and feels like it was planned to be used as a reason to not be 3p. I think it would be hard to look that far ahead usually, but when the sole goal of the 3p is to not look like the 3p, then the motivation becomes not looking like the 3p, so it's not too outlandish for it to be the purpose so early.

I might be biased in thinking it's Olimar here due to his inactivity making the game not as... nice as it could've been at this point, and now that I'm also getting called a bitch for calling him out on it too, but hey. I think I have legitimate reason to doubt Roundbox being SK; I think I have seen enough out of Star to doubt her as SK; I think I see enough credence for Olimar to be SK. The overthinker says he's the easy way out, but overthinking has also fucked me a lot this game. I think the simple way might be the way for me to go now.

I'm hoping to hear thoughts on this
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ