View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: How do you deal with anxiety?

I think the thing that helps me most in the actual moment of feeling anxious is talking it out with people. Usually internet people, but there are a few trusted IRL people as well.

Usually my mind gets thrown into loops with the same recurring thought that keeps repeating, or I will bury myself deeper and deeper into more thoughts until I feel like I can't get out. Talking with someone else kinda just throws a wrench into that, I guess. My brain needs to process what the other person said and respond in a sensible manner, forcing myself to break free from the thought loop and get onto a different train of thought.

Having a chat with a friend also gives you a bit of space to breathe, sit in a relatively quiet area, and reflect on things seeing them written out. I know it might not be the best to rely on other people, but it just seems like the best solution for me personally, at least until I can grow my skills in meditation and mindfulness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote