Old 02-4-2009, 09:36 AM   #218
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
~60%, we get an extra 10% just for being in defensive stance
And Pally tanks get an extra 3% for blessing sanctuary, and another 6% for improved righteous fury, so we're basically at par on that

Quote:
our skills are more geared to a single target.(I manage to get off 3 Heroic Strikes, 5 Devastates, 1 Revenge and 3-4 Shield Slams in 9 seconds... Which is a ton of threat
Taunt pull, avenger's shield, judge, shield of righteousness, hammer of righteousness, consecrate, holy shield, and the vast majority of it is holy damage which deals +90% threat so it basically counts for double.

Quote:
And I guess no one could possibly beat them in an undead fight(unless Exorcism isn't an efficient skill to use, same with Holy Wrath).
Exorcism is -always- the pull skill of choice when fighting undead -or- demons (So far more often that you might think) Holy wrath is fantastic for fights with lots of adds (Kel'Thuzad right before he goes active is a great time for holy wrath, you get about 1200 damage per target, about 2000 threat each, and it stuns for 3 seconds) I was maintanking Patches (Thus, technically -not- the best of the two tanks, since you want the person with more health to be second on the list to soak the hateful strikes) and pretty much entirely because of how efficient exorcism and holy wrath are on undead/demons, the other tank, who can outthreat me in most cases fairly easily, was able to not hold back at all and still stay second on the list.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote