View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 04:23 PM   #8
FlynnMac
Boom.
Local FFR Person
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Poll: Which global skill rating system is best ?

I guess I'll give my take on this

So I choose weighted mainly from my experience with other rhythm games where they have a more successful weighted system. It doesn't highlight your top play a large amount ahead of the rest not allowing entirely for outliers and it also uses a large size of files in order to give the most accurate rating possible. While simple average gives the average of all your top x ratings, weighted can still have your best plays give more of an impact than plays you aren't as happy with. Wirry's system had felt accurate to me because of the fact that the weights input on it were better than FFR's current weights. There are a lot of high level players who had lower ranks than they should have that got bumped up, and a lot of lower level players that got their ranks bumped down (me included). The ratings really felt like they defined who had better ranks over having an average rating system that could still have it's outliers. Outliers will not be fixed either way, but with the right weights, it could be fixed better than a simple average could do it.