View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird
Default Re: Strange ways to discover awesome music.

It's great that you are breaking out of your anime-ost/j-pop shell.

You don't have to read this, but it's pretty interesting...to me at least.

Personally, I have already mapped what shaped my interest in music beginning in the fifth grade. The first CD I ever bought was the Mortal Kombat soundtrack, which mind you, was mostly metal and industral. Then my friend introduced me to ska and punk music which got me interested in reggae and the british punk scene. Another friend introduced me to Daft Punk, though I wasn't into electronic scene yet, I really liked their album Discovery. I then became a nerd and started watching anime and playing ddr so I only really listened to the DDR soundtrack. I also searched for "Japanese Techno" in KaZaA where I found an untitled track. Two years later I found out the track was called Niji by Denki Groove. Many of my friends were into trance and techno and they did influence much of the must I listened too. Car commercials have also influenced my taste in music. I discovered the Wise Guys, Telepopmuzik, Electric Light Orchestra, and the most peculiar of all the Polyphonic Spree. Through the Polyphonic Spree's website I discovered Built to Spill and through Built to Spill I discovered Modest Mouse who is now my favorite band of all time.

Eeeeeeeeeeeh.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote