View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 12:41 PM   #40
dascookieman
FFR Player

Default Re: i'm going to go ahead and say this right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzled
I remember someone saying that newer people have a lot more simfiles of various difficulties to practise on, so they can improve faster, while the veterans had to do it with max300 and DDR steps for a long time.

Some people on this site are so retarded it isn't hard to believe they're BS though.
This is very much true. People who start playing nowadays have Marvelous timing and see how the good guys have really good timing. Back in the day everyone didn't even use marvelous timing and it wasn't even included in stepmania at first. When you guys like hayden, emccky, nima, etc (actually me too but I was not a part of the community) started they didn't have any guys that had crazy MA around, people were just trying to hit all the arrows and possibly get as few greats as possible. I'm not sure about this part but I don't think the community was that active either, was it?
Anyways the biggest difference must be the songs. People who start playing now don't have to set their aim at passing BMR's V and A, there are an insane amount of songs for all different skill levels. It's so much easier to just play lots of different stuff, you don't have to whore out the ddr songs that are all on a similar level of difficulty except for like, 5 of them.
For example I had a friend over today and before he was going to leave we played a bunch of stepmania-songs. Two weeks ago he was around the skill level to play DDR sevens, today he passed Haydens high, Break Ya Neck, Open Your mind and songs like that and was never even close to failing.
It's way easier to progress nowadays.

Oops long post, you get cookie for reading it.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by dascookieman; 05-24-2006 at 12:51 PM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote