View Single Post
Old 02-8-2006, 06:02 PM   #19
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: The subconscious effect of "

Judging by the title, I'm sure you were going for something about how the mind seperates high-quality, thought-invoking topics into seperate forums and makes for lower-quality posts outside of that particular forum. You're talking about this as though it's a problem, but I wouldn't say it is.

Myself, I am very intelligent. When I need or want to, the products created by my brain fascinate me after I've churned them out. But thinking all the time is not what I live for - I live for entertainment, as that's what everything worth doing narrows down to for me. Thinking all the time is not entertaining to me, and combined with the fact that I probably have some deep-down trauma from being called a geek as a child before I learned I don't give a damn what anyone I don't give a damn about thinks, in a social setting, I do not think - I simply do. So the personality people see is simply my wits in cruise control, and people don't seem to mind (though they do get very surprised when they first learn I get mid-90 averages).

The Internet is more the same than it is different. You see the person that I have shaped myself into in reality, while at the same time, I get a minute where as I type, it may occur to me that there is a better way of saying what I am trying to. This alone seems to make quite a difference, as people I know in reality tell me, "Wow, you're pretty cool on the Internet." This probably means that I rock more when I think, which probably means I should think in real life.

But I veer from my point - I come onto the FFR Forums to have a good time with people that aren't idiots. Thinking excessively kills the fun of being with people for me, and so I don't do it. I post very rarely in CT, commonly in CC, and very much in TGB. As activeness in a forum provokes replies, myself and others like me are helping fuel the CT shortage and the GB boon.

Everything else I wanted to bring up was said adaquately by Neonatrias. Thanks for saving me five minutes, dude.

P.S.: A rant forum would definitely be a good addition to FFR. I rarely vent on the forum, and it'd probably be healthy for me.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote