View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 03:52 AM   #23
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Hyper Iria world record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
What is required to test them to be consistent?
This is faster to explain if you run the game as well.

It's basically evaluating potential setups to save time in every corner of every level.
There might be some RNG manipulation, places where taking a hit is worth it, places where you have to yolo and do very specific things or your entire run could be gone etc.

Basically, we're still debating on what setups/strats are real or "fake news" for each level.
There's only 5 levels in the game and it's shorter than 20 minutes if you speedrun.
There's still a lot of trial & error even now which makes the speedrunning part still fun. Leaderboard is mostly empty compared to a game like Mario 64.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
Haku dropped a monster run today in normal%... Very intimidating, so today I had a practice stream to sharpen my skill and strats.

This game is so fucking good to speedrun. It's not even a bad game casually, hell I would recommend it to anyone who's into super nintendo games, but they really have to play the english fan translation to get the real experience. It just feels very good to run on top of that, the main character's hurtbox is insanely precise for a game this old, and it's just jank enough to have lots of cool strats to work on, and it feels like every movement strats is designed to work out without having to break stride. It does lag, though.

I know all of you probably will never give a shit about this game, but still.
I'm actually convinced you'll catch up based on how you've been playing in practice. It's just a matter of getting 1 run where everything align okay.

I do am worried if any of us get close to sub 17 minutes on normal% tho. Normal% is a bit of a joke still because there's only 3 players on that leaderboard.
Me, Hateandhatred and someone that haven't played in a long time. Someone could easily come out of nowhere and snipe times just by looking at what we did.
The more we improve the time, the easier it becomes for others to know what to do exactly.

Edit: Got back WR on any% as well. I guess it's going to be a ping pong game between me and H&H for that until one of us break the 15m30s barrier.
https://www.speedrun.com/hyper_iria/runs/ydnggovm

Last edited by Hakulyte; 04-28-2024 at 11:02 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote