View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 04:20 PM   #34
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [POST-GAME]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Ok so after some sleep here's couple of complaints:

I don't think we need to keep replacing people doing the day phase, but especially at EOD. What's the reason we replaced Zenith? Did he request it? Because if he didn't then at least 3 others also hadn't meet post requirements at that juncture at the game. Why were they not replaced as well, from a mechanical standpoint?

Also I can sorta see the argument against speaking in codes but banning Al Bhed in the middle of a game where only like 1 person didn't get the joke and they fucking willed themselves to know anyway doesn't really seem like there was any sort of problem at any point over it.Also on what grounds would we even make it a rule? Would it have been different if I had spoken German? Japanese? If we can only use English wut happens wen wii dont use eet correcti?

IDK seems like a weird rule, and again if we decide it really is healthier for the game moving forward I don't really see why it had to stop here in real time and not be addressed post game

Was he introduced that early?
I guess I don't remember. Oh wait is Elliot the bouncer? I think I keep thinking of him as a baker but keep forgetting he started out as a bouncer. Or am I merging two characters in my mind? I did basically speedrun it.

It was a wild ride of a read with all the tone shifts it went through. I think about going back and seeing what other ridiculous plot points happened, but in a way once it became very centric on the AI characters I started having my fill, as interesting as some of those characters were

And yeah, definitely GGs
1) Zenith requested replacement

2) I wanted to stop the stuff with ciphers minutes earlier, and I was talking to sven about it, and he wanted to let it play out. I agreed to let that happen, but then I saw you actually getting a wolfread on Arp (or trying to develop one), and felt like it had already tainted that moment of the game a little bit. Firstly, FFR is an English only forum, and while arguments can be made that Al Bhed is just a modified form of English, let's just like
think about the spirit of the game, right? You preface your post saying that you can kinda see it, right? Could it have waited until postgame? I guess... I did want to make it so that the topic didn't come up again, and I do recognize that I did this with one thing (ciphers) and not another (copy/pasting jailor chat). If the jailor chat thing came up again, I was going to make a post about it, and honestly, I think I deserve at least some criticism because the jailor stuff was more pressing.

3) just a quick point; do you happen to know why you thought copy/pasting private chats has always been legal? It very explicitly hasn't been for a long time now, probably close to a decade.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote