View Single Post
Old 07-4-2023, 09:47 AM   #434
Arp!
The Toaster Poster
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: TWG 206: Betrayal at House on the Hill GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
However, I'm not sure how to feel about the fact Freezin was so quiet he ended up being replaced. I can't imagine him being the kinda person not commiting to a game because of the role he got, and since we don't really know circumstances leading to him being replaced, I would abstain from judging based on this.
freezin's absence weirded me out as well, but I definitely agree, even if it explicitly says in the rules that it's legal to speculate on the alignment of a player who has been replaced. I'd be curious to hear what happened to them after the conclusion of this game.. maybe they just got busy?

Quote:
I do think that Lights' opinion is innocent in nature at this stage in the game, but I'm not sure how to read Raeko and Charu here. I don't particularly hate their response, in fact MML was of the same opinion, but I know that if either of these guys is the last wolf, that's kind of the position they'll want to take with them regarding game mechanics. They are right and helpful of course, but to me it might look a liiiiiittle bit opportunistic.
interesting! this never crossed my mind, but your reasoning certainly makes sense

at this point, however, I am convinced the other werewolf can't be raeko. there was a bit of a mix-up initially because lar and raeko voted for different people, and then they both switched their votes at the same time, but raeko specifically said to stay on qwerty afterwards. if she were the other werewolf, she almost definitely would have tried harder to kick out e-b-e instead of qwerty (for example, she could have stayed put with her initial vote on e-b-e and waited for lar to switch), and it probably wouldn't have looked suspicious at all

I can't say the same for charu, though. at least for now

Quote:
Lights felt very honest about her concerns with voting, and to me that indicates that she is thinking about the game and actively trying to solve it while also being careful to not letting herself get tricked by veteran players which I like a lot. There is however one thing I could read from her, and that would be her reluctance to vote an inactive which could be for wolf preservation, considering that one of the inactives turned out to be a wolf (and the other ones now being myself and deamerai). Still not reading Lights as wolfy however, since her reluctance does not quite feel phoney to me.
agreed. I'm not entirely clearing lights either, but I don't think her reluctance to vote alone can be used as solid evidence against her being town

Quote:
Also I apologize in advance for any pronoun related mistake I might make. I'll do my best to not make any, but if I do slip up, please know that I'm not doing it intentionally or because I don't care. I want to respect people's preferred pronouns ideally, but I'm also not a native English speaker and sometimes I might misuse a pronoun.
the intention is what counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
So really, that just leaves Noobies and the replacement, HateandHatred. AND EVEN THEN Noobies feels like someone actively solving.

Sorry bucko, I'm placing my vote on you HateandHatred.
hmm.. fair enough
Arp! is offline   Reply With Quote