View Single Post
Old 05-2-2023, 10:13 PM   #3
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWGTurbo 34: The Day's Special - POST GAME / APOLOGIES

This game was so unbalancedly stupid that my brain hurts and I am ashamed that I put you through all of that. For starters, I should have simply postponed the game when I didn't receive 5 confirmations. Instead I pressured myself not to postpone it again and let it ride with 4 instead and that should have never happened. Furthermore, I cut one of the VT when I should have cut the Perceptive Merchant role. 2 minutes after I started the game I suddenly realized that with four people the game could have been won in under five minutes. That should have never been a possibility and I apologize for it.

As it turned out FFA never got to play and the game did move to F3, but even then I should have NEVER revealed who made the shot and allowed for counterclaims. the whole thing became a thunderdome with very little in the way of mechanical details to swing discussions.

I had original skewed the game to favor town because without wagons to examine, the game is very wolf sided. Because of this I added a bunch of ways for town to play smart and narrow it down to two people (including ways for town to find themselves with flavor text) but in practice all I really did was make Freezin sit there and watch two players point fingers and then make a coin toss.

Well that sells Freezin short because they absolutely did did put serious thought into the game and made the right call, but it was still an unfair situation to put someone in.

I do believe in the single day format and I do believe I could make a setup that is engaging and possible for both sides with a low player count, but this ain't it ever

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter