View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 12:37 AM   #482
bugkid666
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 205 - Zero Active Player Dilemma GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I do not know HNH that well but he comes across to me as more of a mechanical-focused player who will hang back more until there is more confirmed info. He is more likely to bring up role stuff earlier than most people, I have noticed, and he tends to get sussed for being quiet. I have yet to see a wolf claim vt super early, in TWG and similar games. My assessment is that the mindset that that claim came from is from a genuine town who is just putting it all out there in response to a fairly dumb vote train. As a wolf, you are boxing in your survival techniques at the day end if you do that. You lose your chance to do any kind of counterclaim play later. To me, how he has seemed to approach the game just fits better with being a true vt rather than a bizarre lazy wolf. The only wolf mindset I could make sense of it from is somebody who has seen that defense strategy work before, or that I should think other people have been more town. At least for right now, that is not true for me for most of you.
freezin responded to this basically saying his didn't think that vt claim was inherently indicative of a town response, and while i think both points have merit, i think i agree with star here that that play potentially sets him up for failure if he's a wolf. fwiw i also noticed the vt claim and chuckled at it, but didn't think too much of it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
T-Force is weird to me because it comes across to me like he is trying really hard even though he is busy, but his effort doesn't overall feel townie to me. bug or raeko mentioned it with the quoting the dead people. My reaction was kind of like, k, I knew what Haku's and Shadow's reads were because I cared about assessing their alignment at the time, I do not need to be told that they are known town so I should care.

One thing that stands out is that I feel like he got a lot of strong reads early and it worries me in that that can be easier if you have more information. e.g. I am unsure it logically follows from previous games that he should think I am super townie. At best he is misremembering stuff when making that read. I am also concerned that his Shadow vote does not follow from the strength of the sus he gave on storn.

There is a shadow of the tunnelyness I know and love of T-Force, it just seems more composed and deliberate than I expect of him. I had trouble wanting to vote him over storn yesterday because I arguably sus T-Force for playing with better rhetoric than I expect while I sus storn for playing worse than I believe he is capable. And it is complicated by the T-Force vs. Bug action. So there you go.
i bolded the bits that i noticed but couldn't quite put into words the way star was able to, so ty for that.

another thing that i mentioned earlier was that force tends to poke and prod at me since we're close but he sometimes overdoes it to deflect the attention off of him. i've seen him do it a couple times this game and it definitely made me go hmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them