Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Anti-LGBTQIA+ legislation staying lowkey but with big impact

Code:
(3) An employee or contractor of a public K-12 educational
institution may not provide to a student his or her preferred
personal title or pronouns if such preferred personal title or
pronouns do not correspond to his or her sex.
(4) A student may not be asked by an employee or
contractor of a public K-12 educational institution to provide
his or her preferred personal title or pronouns or be penalized
or subjected to adverse or discriminatory treatment for not
providing his or her preferred personal title or pronouns.

All I see here is the educational institution wanting to protect its employees/contractors and the students by not providing their pronouns to each other so they do not become accountable from that specific direct interaction. I think the goal here was just to avoid potential conflicts of interest within the context of a school environment. I don't think it's as bad as it sounds on a quick read. It's just a professional vs student scenario. That being said, I can already see that if this stays, there could be an attempt at expanding these laws to more than just schools. This is where it gets controversial imo. It really feels like these states are just testing the waters with what to do. The joke here is that this just highlight how education could be better in regards of how to deal with people in general. If education doesn't educate about that, who will ? Accountability sure is an underrated topic.

tldr; I hope you guys like backpedaling because I'm predicting you're gonna see more back and forth like this for a while.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 03-2-2023 at 05:29 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote