View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 01:04 AM   #57
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 204 - Forest Feast POST-GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
there are tangible examples of this im sure you can relate to:

* "I want to lynch this guy, but he's an inactive so he's gonna die anyway." -> "But WHEN is he gonna die? Is it at EoD today? Sometime tomorrow? Should I try to get him lynched or gamble on him being modkilled?"
* "I want the last phase to be a final 4, not a final 3. That way I can set up a mislynch on XYZ." (Wakes up, discovers that XYZ was modkilled, gets lynched, loses game.) "Well shit, if I knew that XYZ was gonna be modkilled, I would have just submitted a no-kill instead."

it's always better to be more open about this kind of thing.
yeah that's pretty much why I set it up so that the post limit is T-90 minutes, with the announcement at T-60. because setting the post limit to EoD itself just creates a disastrous mess for both factions and setting expectations / being open about the modkill lets everyone prepare their strategy better

I will say some realizations I had both in the previous game and this one is that, in both games, the low poster that baarely slid in needs to be able to confirm 10000% that they will post more in the next phase or get replaced early on at host discretion, and the substitutes should be asked to be ready for said substitution. Modkills should be minimized, but replacements can happen for the good of the game, and D0 says a lot about what people's activity is gonna look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!