View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 11:22 PM   #1486
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp

Day 997: NO STYLIST by Destroy Lonely

So I originally told y'all that this was a 3.5 out of 10 if you could decipher the extremely easy and extremely googleable language. And on RYM itself I gave it a 0.5 out of 5 but that was an OVERLY emotional reaction to how I initially listened to the album, because I admit that recent events made me rate it on a scale based on "how much does this album exceed the hurt of random internet weirdos leaking your divorce to the public" when I gave it such a negative rating. At the start, it truly deserved at least 2 stars without bias, as it's definitely NOT incompetent like some albums I've heard, but emotions got the best of me.

But anyways, to review this while trying to ignore personal bias as much as possible, including recent, deeply emotional experiences, I think this album is inherently very flawed. When the albums is at peak litness, it can only be matched VERY rarely, and this translates well to a live setting. I've been to hundreds of concerts, so please don't take it lightly when I say that hearing NOSTYLIST live was one of the most insane experiences of my life.

But, I can say this and still tell you with a straight face, this album is not consistent enough to be called "good". Destroy Lonely is a massive talent when it comes to making your most in-your-face, mosh-around energy level bangers, but outside of the most intense moments, he ranges from not memorable to genuinely bad. This album cannot receive more than a 6/10, it's just FAR too inconsistent.

Best Track: Go see him live and decide for yourself or agree to suck my dick
Rating: 6/10 (I told you, NO MORE than this allowed)

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 12-15-2022 at 11:24 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote