Old 08-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #76
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
It seems people are misinterpreting what i’m saying, as if I am implying that dumpfiles = TERRIBLE and shouldn’t have any place.

I think there could be a separate place/section for dumps to allow for people to go wild.

The problem I have is just adding dumps to the game like any other chart. It ruins the charting integrity FFR has had for years.
I don't think you've properly demonstrated how it ruins anything because they are, in fact, just like any other chart in game. Many files in FFR use different philosophies on how to approach patterning already- the diversity of approach is already there, this specific classification just hasn't been explored quite as much as other approaches.

Your entire argument appears to be based on an assertion that dump charting is inherently a lower class of file than a literally interpreted take on a file and until you can go to show that, I don't believe your assertions hold any serious merit.

As stated previously by another poster- if dumps are truly a lesser form of chart, you should have no problems showing how a file like Rainshower is flawed. Perhaps doing so would give you a bit more ground to stand on.

Last edited by Lights; 08-23-2022 at 03:05 PM..
Lights is offline   Reply With Quote