owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Leaderboard D9 new name and color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragolord View Post
matthia's "joke" suggestion is actually p good lmao
tho preferably the less saturated version of those colors other than white

I'm not too sure about division names bc it's never something I really took notice or cared about(?) - was more of a "that's cool" and move on sort of thing

I like this one so far but Adept seems so out of place to me idk why

beginner -> novice -> intermediate seems fine to me even tho beginner/novice literally mean the same thing ( maybe it's bc novice sounds fancier )
I've stated below the contextual difference between beginner and novice in terms of the ordering for the divisional names- i think theres enough distinction for the ordering to work out fine here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
I disagree. I feel, contextually, Novice is a step above a Beginner. In my interpretation, a Beginner is someone who just started learning a particular skill. Whereas a Novice is someone with undeveloped skills but is not necessarily brand new to the task. They both mark initial stages of skillset development (which is, imo, what we want), but i feel Beginner distinguishes itself as the newest of the new players. I look at it as No experience vs. minimal experiance.
As for adept, its the most succinct word I could think of that would fall between Intermediate and Advanced- referring to being "skilled" at a task.

Last edited by Lights; 08-5-2022 at 03:24 PM..
Lights is offline   Reply With Quote