View Single Post
Old 08-1-2022, 12:28 AM   #44
Wind0ze
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Leaderboard D9 new name and color

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 View Post
TBF people in D5 or D4 are much better than most average people at the game. So to an outsider a D5 player is most definitely a "master". Im just thinking with the same mindset of an outsider who's only seen that AGDQ Etienne Stepmania Showcase, I'm not 100% defending it
considering the purpose of naming divisions is to give a contextualization of skill and an honorary title showing acknowledgement of skill by the community, i don't think basing it off the opinion of the least informed individuals makes much sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
As for the "cringe" aspect, I think there's a fine line where we can make it not too cringe but still not unnecessarily get rid of FFR's history by using entirely different namings for every division for example.
i don't think renaming divisions is erasure of FFR history, it will still be known in history that the names used to be different, so i think what you really meant here is current usage aka culture. i've never really been an ffr player so i don't think my take on this holds much weight, but i don't really see the division names used much in speech besides the fairly antiquated FMO/FGO terminology that i generally see used only by a handful of veterans, so i don't think it would be a significant loss of culture

i will say though i really don't care about the "cringe" aspect as much as i do the fact that it's inaccurate. i don't think the titles need to be professional like we're e-sports now (and i think doing so would be damaging to the aforementioned culture), they just need to get across the idea of what the skill levels really mean to the community better than the way the system currently works
Wind0ze is offline   Reply With Quote