View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 03:54 PM   #23
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Leaderboard D9 new name and color

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeLucien View Post
Wow, another division? I get the feeling that the division system as a whole just breaks down at the top end because there's always going to be a gap between the top few players (potentially even just the top 1 player) and everyone else in the top division that isn't going to be possible to close in the span of an OT. This isn't a new thing either, I remember back in the 6th official where Dossar was so far ahead of everyone else that people were basically viewing D6 as a contest for second place.
I'm aware of the confusion that leaderboard vs OT divisions bring (see the rest of this thread). Now with that being said, and at the risk of being blunt, why is anything tournament related brought up? I tried to keep the OP short and the second line explicitly says that it's not related to tourneys (or at least yet). I'm quoting your post but this is meant for a few others who have posted too.

We're not making a D9 because people are too good in tournaments vs the rest of D8, we're making it because it follows a logical progression of how we (FFR) defined arbitrary skill level brackets to represent milestones. Skill gets harder to gain the better you get, therefore the top divisions shouldn't have a huge level range just because we don't have many players filling it. The fact that the top player is that far ahead is a mere coincidence; they could all be close in skill at some point in time, and that's not a predictable thing.

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 07-31-2022 at 03:58 PM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote