View Single Post
Old 05-1-2022, 11:40 AM   #626
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 201: Game Showdown Throwdown (Excite11) - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Yesterday at EoD there were two things you said that I wanted to ask you about at the time but there was none so, since we're talking:

The first is, "Shado comes off to me as having a lot of fun, and it reminds me of the good old days of TWG. I still think the main thing that gave me a good feeling, was the emotional complexity with when raeko forgot the game. DaBackpack apparently has no opinion on that. Lame. I think I was hoping that he would help me more with what to make of Haku. "

can you walk me through the logic on "I wanted DBP to help me read Shado so I could better read Haku"?
and who is the "he" in the last sentence?

the other thing was right at EoD you were talking about how Haku was the one thing that engaged you or something along those lines and said "I still haven't decided if I can stomach leaving my vote there. I just feel like I needed someone else to step up and help me make more sense of it so that I can form a more holistic view of the game, and two of the people who might have been able to do that are Currently Active non-players, and it's just... I don't feel grounded in this game."

what did you mean by "currently active non-players"? and do you feel more grounded now, or still about the same?
First part - by "he," I meant you. DBP actually seemed to agree with me on Haku. I think I felt that you were taking more of an observational standpoint on my conversation with Haku rather than saying everything on your mind about it. But it may have ultimately been more my fault for being afk, that I had not progressed as much there as I hoped to by the time I needed to lock in a vote.

DBP's pressure toward you was interesting to me, because I had a more overall positive view on your posts, but felt like it was more of a vibe than really getting really obvious townie energy from any specific post. I had wanted to discuss that and brought up a post I relatively liked from you. But DBP responded by more or less saying he did not really think it was that hard of a post for you to make, as a wolf and had no opinion on it. So it was not as interesting of a discussion as I had hoped.

Second part - the currently active players list, is that list of the bottom of the page that says who is posting. Roundbox and the sun fan were both on the list. They are not in this game (obviously roundbox is the mod...), but they have both been in a lot of my past games.

I do feel more grounded now because there is a lot more information. I think my main current problem is, I am not too sure how to get a better read on either of bugkid or Xel still? WV, I theoretically should be able to, but I need to do more work there.