View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 11:35 PM   #4
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Improving reading ability

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTheBoard View Post
You might want to try out practicing some on other VSRGs. FFR does not have very dense charts in general compared to some other games.
I second this. Even if you don't want to play on other games (like osumania/etterna) since they might mess up your timing on FFR, there are still other engines you can use like FFRMania that will have much more dense files compared to FFR. When I was grinding hard to improve, I was mostly training on FFRMania.

Edit: also, as a player whose reading abilities are pretty lacking compared to other D7's, I would say practice shorter files that your fingers can keep up with but your eyes can't quite do yet. What helped for me was focusing on increasing my reading speed up for one side (i.e my 2 left fingers) then the other, before putting both together. That really helped me increase reading speed and stamina pretty quickly. Took about 2 months to go from D3 to high D6 going back and forth between increasing the two sides, then my reading speed finally caught up to my fingers lol

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 12-14-2021 at 11:41 PM..
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote