View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #136
diddleysquin
FFR Veteran
Event StaffFFR Veteran

Smile Re: badman7772's Post-OT Wild Card Tournament [Round 1]

Nice and easy for round 1

Not sure if I need to include the replay but here ya go.

Bonus 1

Bit of a long winded explanation for this one but I promise my ramblings get to the point eventually.

So this track right here is not only one that I really enjoy playing (just gotta love that continuous flow) it's possibly responsible for the fact that I'm on FFR at all.
As a kid my sister and I would always race over to the dance mats at the arcades and get ourselves straight on the leader boards, much to the shock of the teenagers standing around waiting their turn (they we're still a pretty new thing so had literal ques for them); what many didn't realise was that the PS1 release of DDR had quite a few of the same tracks, mapped the same, so we used to practice in the attic and then think we looked so cool in front of the teens :')
At 13 I started to get quite ill, specifically relating to the reliability of my legs and general exhaustion; this meant no more dance mats, at home or the arcade. I cannot tell you how much it utterly sucked; I got used to being unwell pretty quickly but it was not being able to do my literal favourite activity anymore that really really sucked.
When I was 14 I sat online after school looking to see what offerings NotDoppler had just uploaded for the week and one of them was SCGMD [Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe] (I think number 3) and it was brilliant, while it was nothing like playing DDR it had a lot of the same kind of play and enjoyment for me (I hadn't discovered "rhythm" to be a whole game genre yet). The track that I've picked for my favourite was actually in that game and one that I really enjoyed playing on there and the game as a whole got me to thinking, maybe there was something that was like DDR that I could play on my laptop?
I have no idea how many different ways I phrased it (Google wasn't quite as good 13 years ago) but I essentially spent a few weeks looking for "DDR for your hands" and eventually it threw up this place as a result. I had a look through the songs that were available and most were just single word titles that didn't really tell me much and I didn't recognise them but what I eventually did find on there was Guitar Vs Piano, a song that I not only recognised but one that I already knew I enjoyed, and that was enough to encourage me to actually look at the other tracks and give this site I'd found a go...
That was twelve and a half years ago, and I'm still here. I don't have to be 'good' at the game; I thoroughly enjoy playing it.

Bonus 2

If I play downscroll anymore I think I'm going to actually throw up, it's making so so dizzy just trying to look at it and play!

Last edited by diddleysquin; 09-13-2021 at 12:26 PM..
diddleysquin is offline   Reply With Quote