View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 06:02 PM   #24
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FC Stat bar - New Implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
If the full combo bar can be filled with scores that ultimately look like [12][34] spamming throughout the chart's duration, I fail to see the point of tracking them.
Well there is no point to it in a context where FC should be some kind of performance metric. Currently, the main metric of skill FFR uses does not equate to any combo-related thing. Therefore, it does seem somewhat odd to enforce the basis of argument that FC must be about performance as defined by skill rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
If a player gets 200+ goods but maintains a relatively low boo count, at least they're demonstrating an intention to play the file as it's written.
I can guarantee you that I will still mash each and every section I can on the harder files to squeeze into a semi-arbitrary relative % of boos requirement while keeping 0 miss.

That being said, you could still get a low enough boo count, get a single miss, and not earn the FC. So from a completionist mindset, where a player doesn't want to focus on skill rating at any given time, they'd Still be incentivized to mash the harder sections of the charts they can almost do well enough on, just to grab these few more FC points.

For these reasons, I feel like the arguments presented so far for a "relative % boos FC" are weak, and that a "AA" equivalent metric would suit the premise much better as some kind of "you did good enough" metric.

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 08-15-2021 at 06:03 PM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote