View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #23
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FC Stat bar - New Implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but basically what you want is not a FC metric anymore, it's a metric of "somewhat decent scores". You know what that sounds like ? AA in Stepmania/Etterna (93% score, however your % is computed). Although I don't disagree with your statements in that regard, I absolutely do disagree when talking about the FC metric.

What would you think of making the FC bar count the FC*'s, but add a new metric similar to AA which FFR could work on defining. Imo this sounds like a much better alternative than trying to give a funky, non-intuitive re-definition to the FC metric.
No I very much would like a full combo metric, just under the pretense that the full combos involve playing the charts. If the full combo bar can be filled with scores that ultimately look like [12][34] spamming throughout the chart's duration, I fail to see the point of tracking them. I'm saying that some restriction should be set in place given FFR has no judgment that breaks combo other than an outright miss, and I don't think the judgment system is going to change after 19 years. The majority of other rhythm games have some sort of hit judgment that breaks combo, which if one such judgment existed in FFR, I wouldn't be arguing for a restriction if the bar was to stay. Making a single boo break combo is far too punishing, despite how "clean" the solution appears (boos as a whole either breaking or continuing combo). If a player gets 200+ goods but maintains a relatively low boo count, at least they're demonstrating an intention to play the file as it's written, and in that case the full combo should be rightfully rewarded.

And yes I had either a thread or started a discord conversation (or both honestly) regarding the implementation of AA in FFR, which I believe setting at 99% of max raw score would work best. This would likely be the greatest incentivizing metric possible. In the scenario where that's implemented, then yes sure I guess count the FC*'s with no restrictions and players can choose to focus on AAs if they want to actually improve. Though I still think a FC bar that entertains the possibility of mindlessly mashing through every chart is pointless to have, but at least you'll have a cleaner solution and definition for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 08-15-2021 at 05:54 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote