View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #13
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FC Stat bar - New Implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny58624 View Post
I also disagree with allowing a certain amount of boos. Boos should either break your combo or not break your combo. It wouldn't make sense to only break the combo after X amount of boos. But indeed, other than that it'd be more subjective. Most rhythm games I know do break the combo on a wrongly pressed note (e.g. Guitar Hero). That makes more sense to me.
And yes, the problem with FFR is that every non-miss judgment continues your combo. If averages broke it or some hypothetical 4th hit judgment was introduced that did (obviously incredibly unlikely this late in FFR's life cycle), I would see no reason to introduce a boo limit threshold given anyone attempting to mash a full combo needs to be wary of avoiding these judgments.

Leaving the bar up with no restrictions so that it can be filled with triple or quad digit boo count scores seems pointless to me. I'd prefer if some restriction was set in place to ensure the full combos actually demonstrate a player's competence to play the file "correctly" in the first place, or otherwise remove it altogether.

@OP: see above, I believe FC'ing something (if it's going to be added to some stat bar) should involve the player demonstrating a certain level of competence to play the file in question, which is why I'd prefer some restrictions given FFR's judgment system. A D4 player getting a 0 miss 1000+ boo score on Jamais Vu doesn't achieve this. FC bar meta just becomes a game of smashing random keys while not failing out and completely disregarding the actual chart. I don't think that should be entertained as an option, especially if anyone is arguing "it makes players better" to keep the FC bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 08-15-2021 at 04:58 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote