View Single Post
Old 08-1-2021, 06:21 PM   #3500
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 200 Game Thread: Dichotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
You are putting 200% more thought into his vote then he is, trust me. Regardless of his alignment I promise he just saw that one of his scumreads was on the table, voted, and is nacl to TWEWY

It's frustrating, but anyone surfing through this phase will have their time in the hotseat eventually, and his lack of work will be used against him.

You can still talk and look into Force and Haku, just with the understanding that the mechanical correct play is to not vote them this phase. I've said several times I'd love for the whole game to talk about the whole game, but I don't want to risk a scenerio where most of town agrees that voting Storn's counterwagon is smart, but then it derails to another player.

It's happened before, and I don't think it's every derailed into a wolf ever IIRC.

The fact we couldn't get 4 pages without major pushback on me insisting there be no exceptions kind of shows me I'm making the right play.

This takes times but maybe between games, go track down an older game. Ask Charu or Sunfan for recommended classics---just something you haven't ever read.

Memorize who the wolves are firsr, then read through the game with that knowledge. You'll see some patterns on how wolves act emerge if you read enough games.

You'll notice that a common pattern is to sus a partner for most of the phase (who they'll vote for, but never will have that vote there at EoD because there's better options and we need infolynches man c'mon he can wait and they pick a town to just HARD DEFEND. Normally a town that will likely be lynched so when it flips they rake in a shit ton of cred.

But the pattern that we can feasibly use against wagons in real time is how they vote when a partner is on the line

They'll wait until EoD to really push a counterwagon and no matter what posturing they do, they'll vote in a manner that saves their partner. Exceptions happen of said partner has just basically outted themselves or you're reading a CharuWolf game, bit 9 out of 10 times it's a very easy thing to spot when you know who the wolves are----you can see as you read along when they all start to move towards that goal.

What we do when we talk about wagonomics, is reverse-engineer that play and figure out who did what to try and save the confirmed wolf

It's really that simple.
Thanks for explaining this to me, I do want to get better at the game. I will read some other games