View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #2019
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

YoshL responds to Plop's weird Ulli read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
I'm actually thinking on a little different lines here.

I went back and actually read the post, and the majority of it felt like common sense.

Like for example, the call to let up on any red checks should be pretty common sense given you read the potential blues and reds in the game, there's a lot of them that manipulate checks (assuming we have the alignment check in the game in the first place)

The one good point that was brought up was the final part regarding red miles, because I had forgotten about potential slightly-forced pushes on various players from the red miles role. I think my biggest issue though then becomes, why didn't they apply this to anything said in thread?

Like, thinking about it, i really really don't like how there's for some reason very random traction (no matter how small) on t-force lynch? i get that people aren't married to the idea, but when i said "gut tforce wolf" i wasn't expecting as much discussion around it as actually happened.

Basically, I don't like the mechanics post, because it's comboed with "very simple thoughts about setup", and "not applying mechanics thoughts to things actually happening in game"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
Hmm, I see your point. While I still think a wolf would be too self-conscious to make a post like that, I'll keep an eye out to see if her analysis eventually gets applied/incorporated into her reads.
Quote:
like plop says, i mostly want to see what they have to say later, because it's still not anything i'm 100% sold on

---
also, thank the ffr elementals for the downtime for extra phase time because god it looks like we needed it.

maybe will also need it for thanksgiving time too? *big shrug*
This has a very high chance of being wolf theater. It's hard to put into words, but when you see YoshL replying to reads from other players, especially in posts this long, you would expect to at least get some idea of how YoshL views Plop or vice versa. As an example:

Quote:
Also feeling a little wary at this mentality, because xiz is seeming to be a little more focused on who the best kill at this point in time is, rather than like... looking for more information to better inform votes
This is YoshL's immediate next post, a response to Xiz (who is town). Not only does he criticize the read, he immediately shades Xiz's mentality as wolfy. That is, not only is YoshL continuing to evaluate Ulli, the SUBJECT of the conversation, he is using the conversation as a way to generate reads on other players in the conversation.

Another example on the following page:

Quote:
I can't actually tell if shadow is speaking for real and mindmelding, or read my post, and tried to fake-generate a mindmeld, because that's some pretty similar wording lmao
Again, this is a READ on another player (who is town). Go back and read YoshL's long response to Plop's strange Ulli read.

YoshL makes it a point to disagree with Plop's interpretation, but the conversation with Plop never results in any development of a read in either direction. Because Plop is a wolf with YoshL.

Plop's response to YoshL's response is also EXTREMELY awkward and after that the conversation between them IMMEDIATELY stops. Plop's like, "OK, yeah, sure, I'll think about it." And that's it.

This isn't how players talk to each other. Especially not YoshL. He'd be weirded out by Plop's post, just like I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic