View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #15
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
plop megapost comments:

I don't like these reasons. First off, being cautious of me shouldn't be a read to mindmeld off of
Second off, ule lynch yielding no info and discussing role mechanics has been talked about already and isn't a read to mindmeld off of
Noticing people looking past freezin is also not a read to mindmeld off of.

more or less, those aren't opinions.
I'm confused by what you mean by this... Maybe I'm using the term mindmeld wrong? I'm using it to mean it's a view I agree with.

Quote:
If you're still caught up on me being annoyed at sunfan, it's purely because the *ONLY* argument that's been cast by him is "oop he's not POE, and he can do this as a wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and like, even from reviewing thread, still hasn't pushed forwards anything. you're pushing a narrative where i'm upset at "hey you should examine yoshl as scum", where it's more of "yoshl can do this as scum so therefore be careful!!!1!!"
I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think sunfan was necessarily pushing that hard against you. I interpret "be careful" as "examine yoshl as scum," or at least entertain the possibility.

Quote:
I don't really understand your xiz point, and yes, Haku making a fuckton of posts in thread that are one liners really doesn't influence me in the slightest, because the quality of the thoughts doesn't cut it.

I think the worst points of plop's post is generally putting way too much faith in meta. Like call me out all you want, but "this person flip flops their reads all the time as town" is not a valid reason for me to say "yeah sure he's town", disregarding actual game info. Haku's actual post history still is pretty firmly wolfy to me - it's actually not hard to sit in thread and throw out a bunch of worlds that don't include you because you know they're wrong, and keep the narrative away from you. It looks more like you're still sitting on earlier game info if you think that soley a commentary post in d0 is the cornerstone of my reads.
I know, I definitely lean too heavy into meta a lot of the time, but for haku, that comes from a place of reacting the very same way you're reacting to him this game and getting burned for it over and over.