View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #1073
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

so, I think this game is kind of alright reads-wise. There are a lot of people being rather townie at the moment, especially now that DBP has stepped up. I'll talk about where my head is at.

Shadow_God is lock town, literally never kill him this game. You're not very good at TWG if you think he's a prosecutor here. The stuff where he was hesitant to bring up the question on something that he thought was ambiguous in one of my posts because he thought it wasn't how a town would act literally never comes from a wolf, plus his meta is currently defined at being rather unable to post often as a wolf, and he is well past that at this point. I don't think his solving has a ton of brainpower behind it, but you can practically hear the gears turning when he's trying.

DBP is not far behind, and I hope he's a wolf very much because it would make me quite happy. I don't recall the last time I saw DBP put in this much effort this far in advance of an EOD, and I want to reward that. His megapost that focused mainly on Force/FG as w/t or t/w is rather unlikely to come from a wolf who is just trying to flex on how they're fake-solving. His head is somewhat where I am at (with Force/plop/x being a decent starting world) as well. This townread is mostly for his effort, rather than the fact that his conclusions aren't too far from where I am, if that makes any sense.

There's a gap here, not a gigantic one, but consider people beneath this point to be tier-two townreads.

Raeko kicks it off. I don't think a single one of her posts has been longer than 2 lines, which makes me apprehensive about holding this read from the previous phase, but I like it still, maybe more than I should, but it just feels appropriate. The post she had about remembering the context in which the votes were cast before the fake-eod was rather townie in my opinion. Can't say I've seen anything great from her today yet, but fuck it, this is my reads list and I want to put her here.

I'm seeing some people push on Haku. I would advise against it. My biggest reason is that his shitposts are too quality. My 2nd biggest reason is that he's rather present thus far, and appears to be solving quite heavily. I agree with whoever said it that there's not that much paranoia, but I see Haku questioning himself a ton and rereading stuff and drawing conclusions, all of which I think points to town. Could Haku be a prosecutor here? Yes. He's not the prosecutor we should be looking for today if he is because he's actually trying quite hard and has asked a lot of probing questions, which ought to lean him town.

My first (and maybe only?) contentious read is FG town. Her play that EOD has been scrutinized rather heavily by a few people, I will provide some context for this read that she messaged me before the game that she was excited to play with ffa (these are not her exact words, but its close enough). I think, even if she is a wolf, she was somewhat upset that ffa was in a position to die yesterday, but the actual way that it played out, with FG voting plop because of his behavior wrt the ffa wagon, makes it a lot less likely in my mind that she was trying to advance some kind of wolfy agenda, and was instead trying feebly for a counter. I don't remember exactly what it was, but when I read the EOD stuff during the night phase, I remember I liked some of her posts then as well.

This leaves a remainder of Yoshl, Force, Freezin & plop. I can't claim to be able to read 3/4 of these well at all, but the other people are just being too townie for me to not believe that there are likely 2 wolves in here. I can't even really tell you who is most likely to be scum in these, nor can I tell you a bunch of things that I haven't liked from them. Its just that compared to my townreads, these are where the scum mostly, if not entirely (I'm probably not playing *that* well) lie within.

Of these four, I want to buy all stock that says Freezin is a wolf while it is still low. I somewhat expect him to be able to prove that he is town a la star-crossed's dice game if he is town, so I think this is a good place to vote for the time being anyways.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.