View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 05:41 AM   #353
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulleabhara View Post
Roles were always at least something of a priority in my heyday. I come from a tradition that allowed outside communication and mostly did Night Starts, but there were also a few Day start games, but for the most part the first stages of any game proceeded in a similar fashion. There was always a discussion of the roles and/or special mechanics, and some back-and-forth about the possible effects and strategic considerations; unless, of course, it was a mystery game with such factors totally hidden, or a game with no roles that had a positive influence on the town's decision-making at large (e.g a game that had only Guardians as Blues, with no specific information on protections given). It was almost seen as the town's duty to have some discussion about this to get things going, and that held for most of the community's existence, although there was a vocal section who began to push against it in later years.
Yeah, it's a bit of a culture shock here. I tend to associate mechanical talk with wolves trying to see how players react to mechanical information.

I did see you in the Animal Crossing game play in that specific manner and I don't remember who I voted, but I remember being wrong on reading you negatively for this. I do feel like most veteran players here would get suspicion for the formatting in that specific post, but these assumptions have a decent chance to be wrong. So, if you look at my progression, I kind of got sus of you because of this standard that I have and then I walked away from it because I had this mental reference of the other game.

tl;dr: There's better ways to evaluate you and I think you're currently doing fine.