View Single Post
Old 05-4-2020, 04:37 AM   #3186
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

I highly doubt MML is lying his role, I think leetic is town despite having a lot of "what-if" posts

Haku feels like he's just confused and going tinfoil mode, which is standard for town Haku; in one lens it might look like he's freezing up and doesn't know what to do to defend himself but given the two options I'm inclined to think he's just overthinking and not able to confidently coalesce on any one worldview. It would be good to force him to behave coherently and at least get something committal from him, especially as time passes, so that Haku can be held actually accountable for something

Dusk has been a transient presence this game and his performance this phase has been underwhelming. I hesitate to think too much about "who would the wolves feel most comfortable with to send in the nightkill?", even though Dusk does potentially fit that bill because of a lack of attention. Duskfall comes from a really bad D3 performance, but he also wasn't really on anybody's radars.= The ideal selection for the nightkill if we decide to go down that route. So TL;DR I find it highly plausible that Duskfall WOULD be considered safe, especially if the wolves knew they could roleblock 1/2 roleblockers. It's impossible to prove anything obviously but I want to establish that-- yes, it is highly likely that Duskfall would be trusted to send in the NK if necessary. (That doesn't mean he DID; I'm responding to claims that "he couldn't possibly have.")

All of his main reads come from other players. He justifies his entire general presence in the game-- his "towniness", the "quality of his reads"-- entirely in terms of dead players. He's gaslighting other players about his towniness ("other dead players thought I was town. You all suck if you don't see that too!"). Haku looks better than Dusk when we look at the game as a whole, and Dusk's only real "way out" is to assert the "no kill" theory so that he can wiggle his way out and maybe take advantage of town's uncertainty and chaos to push some bullshit wagon.

So I'm not willing to give him that wiggle room, at least so easily. Instead of relying on the graciousness of everyone's rabid imaginations, you need to unambiguously act of your own accord and ----convince us---- that you are actually town, instead of weaseling out by saying "hmm I think a no kill is what we should be looking at instead of me directly!"

I intend to vote for Duskfall if things don't radically change in the next 12 hours or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic