View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 10:31 PM   #434
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulleabhara View Post
Unfortunately, no. It's been around...5-6 years-ish? Since the site I played on last existed.

I say "site", but it was more like "the last in a series of sites, consisting of free forum software run on whatever server space we could dig up, moving elsewhere whenever we ran out of space". They were all called something really generic too, like "The TWG Site", "The TWG Site II"...the last one was IV. There were a couple of spinoffs, such as a short lived one dedicated to Resistance games, and the more successful "TWG Turbocharged!" which hosted super short games, as has become popular nowadays.

Gosh, it's so bittersweet to remember this...it was such a close-knit, fun community to play with at its peak. Unfortunately, the admins with actual access to server-side stuff just up and disappeared one day, and the last site slowly hemorrhaged players before going offline after a couple of months with no games run. Since adults and kids were playing on the same forums, there was a ruling very early in this community's history that any games involving OC were strictly conducted on a site based chat service, and no sharing of any IM handles or emails were allowed. I knew a few players' contact info from when I got invited, of course, but we slowly grew apart as the years drug on, and eventually handles/phone numbers changed, and they were gone.

On one hand, I get misty-eyed and want my TWG friends back! But on the other, some of them were pretty "dudebro-ish" if you know what I mean, and I dunno how me being a girl now would go over...
i feel that. the site i frequented before ffr disappeared like... 3 years ago or something? i stopped being active there a good five years before that, but i have fond memories of the friends i've made there. i don't keep in touch with them as often as i should 'cause we've drifted apart, and i've made peace with that. according to fb some of them are doing real well though
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)