View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 08:05 PM   #34
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: request: EXTREMELY EASY songs batch (difficulty 1 songs and lower)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I can do some X1 playtesting later, but as someone said earlier, if there's only 1 note on a screen at a time, they have X seconds to react to it either way.
Power is at the NPS where as soon as one arrow reaches the receptors, another one appears. So it's basically at the "one arrow per screen" but just barely (I do like that the final 3 notes of Power just exceed that NPS too, climax theory in a beginner file? lol)

I know this probably sounds silly to experienced players, but less than 1 note on the screen at a time is nice because it allows someone to check their hand positioning on the keyboard prior to a note appearing, and some blank space after the arrow passes the receptors gives time register the judgment after the note has been hit. A little breathing room to mentally cover "okay, I missed because I was supposed to use my index finger and instead I used my middle finger" before the next arrow appears helps a lot.
Power also changes arrow every note, which is a lot harder patterning than repeating the same note many times in a row. Having say, up arrow four times in a row allows a new player to learn from messing up the first few and build confidence by figuring out to hit the later ones before the pattern changes.

In my personal opinion, an ideal set of beginner files would be two or three 60-80 second long songs of different genres stepped as described above. Stuff in the 0.4-0.5 NPS range (which is noticeably less NPS than Power's 0.59NPS) with more forgiving patterns than Power has.
Then at least 4-5 more files in the Power to Trip to the Moon (0.6 - 1.0 NPS) range, and many more modern files in the 2-30 difficulty range.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-25-2019 at 08:09 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote