View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 11:59 PM   #71
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I don't think that her brand of mainstream pop electric dance music really fits the colloquial definition of the term "art" is that it tends to have no lasting emotional impact, rarely says anything interesting or fresh, and tends to have a short shelf life.
this is immediately disproven by fans of her music who hold her songs in high regard. as far as "rarely saying anything interesting or fresh,"well yeah welcome to pop cliches. do you not know how pop music works or something? and for having a short shelf life, the age of streaming has done away with the idea of a shelf life.

Quote:
While I think that's probably a universally felt opinion, I'll qualify that it is still an opinion that I hold and therefore I am exercising my right to not call her work "art" and encourage others to do the same.
it is an opinion that is objectively wrong. you can say that her music sucks, is boring, or any other plethora of negative adjectives, but the moment you start arbitrarily undefining art as art just because you dislike it is the moment you lose all credibility. maybe you saw that one image that defines art/pop/folk music as three hardlined categories with very little, if any, overlap, but that's narrow minded.

Quote:
By the way was there a point to making up the whole "Xelnya doesn't like popular things" narrative for this topic or is angst the only way you can express yourself through text now?
it's pretty well established that xelnya dislikes popular things
art and music is literally one of the only things I give a shit about so yeah when some fuckin ignorant ass inbred of a shitposter posts his dumbass hot take you can bet I'm "angsty"
if you don't care about art, then don't make a post in a thread about art. go fuck off and make bad posts in another thread that can use bad posts.

Last edited by choof; 08-26-2019 at 12:02 AM..
choof is offline   Reply With Quote