View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #3568
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
“Damn is sunfan just trying to say he has an innately shitty opinion of me,” and other 3am insecurities
this is a very hot take and I enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
something people might be missing

Dafty was 9.5, not 9 (check the 4th post or something)

maybe Xiz rounded this down to 9? its definitely related to the silence, I think, since we were told 9 or something when that happened

I think that this means that dafty was involved in sending soundwave to the shadow realm??
I already hinted towards this in my first big return post of this phase (did dafty yeet soundwave??)
There might have been a separate effect from the 10 and the 9, but who knows. We certainly won't until post game

just letting it be known for the record that I stated the dafty->soundwave link before mr. sunfan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Realistically I like to look at a lot of things from a 'play by play' perspective and try to reason over things that people have missed, things that people don't talk about (topic just gets dropped or skipped over and moves along), and conversation points that are typically steered away from (for e.g., say I put pressure on someone, they ask me about elsewhere, they make a good case for it, I go elsewhere, and they start being completely uninvolved on that case).

Good example is Roundbox and this is the motherfucking fourth time I'm asking why y'all like to green read him. What stands out. Is there a similarity with something else that you like. etc.etc I've asked this before.
I feel like some chopped liver right now
people aren't really interacting with me even though I'm leaving some questions in my posts

why are people townreading me? very good question gold stinger

--------

If I had to put together a rough reads list, here's what I'd have:

1) thesunfan - third party aligned with town. if itas come back, he's shooting wv instantly
thesunfan does not die this game to a wolf kill, so town needs to take care of him if you think wv is a valuable asset to town
otherwise, I think he might help us? risky as fuck though

2) flashflashaccount - why did you drop your suspicion on Svaz to go after Soundwave for uh, simply admitting to ignoring your posts? the call-outs on this being omgus are fine
you did state at one point in time that I was a "good person" or something like that
what are your thoughts on me now?

3) Not Devonin - I think I've been mindmelding with you the most. I felt like your questioning, probing, and mistrust towards sunfan felt very towny and an approach like I would take
I was worried about losing sunfan because wolf parity could be catching up
I also have this feeling that you have only rolled town in TWG and that your current mindset reflects that (it's one of those perspective things; if you start off playing twg and only roll town for like your first 4 games, it shows until you've rolled wolf)

5) Shadow_God_10 - town
anyone voting for shadow god here is pretty wrong I'd say
I don't ever see shadow god voting for himself here as a wolf based off of last game
based on raeko's read of him earlier in the game, she said he asked a bunch of questions and just had a venting space in wolf chat
a self-vote here just doesn't seem to compute. I think a new wolf struggling for a second game in a row would have asked before doing something more rash
(also, if he's town, he's got the most anime knowledge in this thread I'd say. could be useful!!)

7) YoshL - I'm not sure if the sunfan thing truly cleared you at all from being a wolf, but the way your power works doesn't seem like something that a wolf would use (they'd have to protect a wolf to... learn their power???)
I think the way you handled that situation with sunfan looked fine though
if that's w/w theater I'm quitting forever

9) Storn42 - probably my top town read. storn's posting and analysis has always been consistent and on point. I don't think anyone is going to disagree with this read that much

11) Gradiant - I liked your call out of ffa's omgus, but I feel like I need to read you a bit more before dropping a stronger opinion on you. you've been around but almost in the back at some points. ISO needed

12) Goldstinger - yes, why haven't people been reading me?? I've compared gs to storn (and later soundwave by extension) and I think that's where I need to keep him now

13) Xelnya - we're in an interesting position here with xel now that we know that WV is the one who stole the item from sunfan
I think Xel here could be wolfing, real talk
he went for the "I'm going to look very forthcoming with my powers in order to help town solve this thunderdome with sunfan"
He's got a bunch of different items to activate and the ability to refresh those items. He asked people to pick "1" or "4" and would tell them the item description, but lmao, we obviously know that there are other numbers there
there's still information being concealed here which is my big concern
xel would get town cred for going after sunfan, but EVERYONE is against 3p so this doesn't work out as well

15) Roundbox - baller

16) Soundwave - how was the shadow realm??? I felt like your posting was fucking slam dunks until you went into the shadow realm, but now it feels like your presence has been subdued due to a lack of motivation or people taking you seriously

17) Svaz - I like your posts, but I do need to ISO you to deliver a much stronger opinion

18) Dafty.Pixel - MIA, but who the fuck knows
I would not be surprised if he flips wolf, but I'm not betting my life on it atm

19) funnier6 - you've had some weird irrelevant posts (FE stuff in the middle of nothing else related), but I need to scan you again to see your methods

20) Wayward Vagabond - looks the most town of the crazy solving interactions that we had to do today. solving the sunfan thing was big

21) Funnygurl555 - haven't seen much game solving today. You stated that you hadn't read the thread yet, but you still wanted to be knowledgeable about what people were saying about sunfan. you defended him, saying that he was towny in previous phases, but didn't really offer or look at anything much he did today
would like to see you expand on this ("what the" doesn't tell me what you think of his post or your opinion of him, it just tells me that you saw that post)

22) Hakulyte - I don't see your wolf meta popping out this game
I've also liked your posting in general, but this read sounds like shit. I'd explain more, but I actually have to take off now oops