View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 10:51 PM   #327
sanzath
retired from rhythm games
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
I’ll try to make some time to post when I get home from work in 30-40 minutes. In the mean time can someone explain what things like wolf read/town read/ lead means?

The terminology is making it tougher to understand exactly what people are sometimes saying. Or I’m just dumb, which could be very true.
To "read" someone is to say what alignment you think that person is. There are different levels of reads - to just "lean" is to weakly think they're that alignment. I think "hard read" is a way to say that you're very certain someone is X alignment

To "null read" someone is to say you don't really know whether they're town or wolf. Sometimes people say they read someone as "null leaning X", so interpret that as "don't know, but more probable to be X than not X"

So like, for example taking my current position:

I think GS and MN are town, so I'm town reading them (pretty hard in fact - it would take something pretty suspicious for me to think either is a wolf)

Antori is more of a town lean - so I'm kinda reading him town, but it would take less than the above two to turn me around on him

Kinda null leaning town on Raeko - I do have reason to think she's town but I want to see more posts from her once she gets back from the cottage

and right now I feel like wolf is between you (dragonmega) and yoshi, so you're my wolf reads (leans I guess?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.
sanzath is offline   Reply With Quote