Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
What part of that is a dumbtell?
What the fuck are you going on about?
I'm against claiming btw since that looks to be in question.
Quoting the relevant post again:

Quote:
I thought about just claiming if you asked for a role or not.
I read this as, "rather than roleclaiming, we could just say if we requested a role."

Quote:
Wolves probably already have an idea since their roles are affected by how many of us ask to be blue so that information probably benefits town a little more---but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.
Your reasoning, apparently, is that wolves can probably approximate our blue roles by their status. It's true that the number of town blues affects wolf blue powers, and vice versa. But there's absolutely no indicator of how that works--and that's a good thing for us, because your plan ignores the fact that the wolves can sabotage our roles and even steal one if they guess the number of claimants correctly.

You do, ultimately, decide that your bad idea is in fact a bad idea, but for an unrelated reason.

Quote:
-but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.
Basically, you dismissed the idea because if it happens that very few people requested a role, then the wolves would be able to target one of a small number of blues. At no point do you intimate any awareness that informing the wolves of our numbers would enable them to use their guessing power accurately.

Thus, your idea--even if dismissed for unrelated reasons--ignores the very obvious structural reason that it would be catastrophic. Hence the dumbtell--the wolves would be aware of what they can do, and how they'd benefit from that strategy. Your subsequent post:

Quote:
Didn't see that second Roundbox post. That's quite the padded post you got there.

I think it's absolutely best if we keep mum on it for now, possibly for most of the game.
Seems to confirm my interpretation. I basically read the above as:

"I didn't see roundbox's post before. Now that I've read it"--and note that roundbox's post alludes to the possibility of the wolf sabotage--"it's best to keep quiet on those discussions."