View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: do you agree with this news source bias chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSM View Post
CNN should probably be farther to the left, basically like saxrunner said
but also more into the orange rectangle rather than borderline, a little bit below buzzfeed.
Some of these dont really make sense either (Like BBC being "Mainstream" when it should be more towards the left then what is displayed on the graph here.)

Vox should be moved left, i dont feel as if they are simply on the borderline between "skews liberal" and "hyper partisan liberal", not toosure about their articles so im gonna go off their videos here, they ultimately seem a lot more left leaning than the graph implies.

I would make the suggestion that Fox News and Daily Wire switch places, and that daily wire is very slightly moved left, it wouldnt change much on what they lean towards because they are very obviously a conservative based news source, fox news, a little bit more left than daily wire, but it would be the same case as daily wire.

Breitbart is actual garbage and should probably be put more right.

just my 2 cents

some of these i dont even read whatsoever so i cant make comments on em
You give absolutely 0 intellectual content, just saying. At least come up with legit arguments if you're gonna "suggest" changes to a set and parameterized study lol

I read about half the study and some things I can only assume because of the references to books I havent read. However I can't say I agree with the premise that because many decisions are binary and those are better understood we should study media bias on a 2 dimension scale. It might reach more americans because of the heavy seperation between liberal/conservative in the population, but saying that those who aren't in that spectrum simply fall in the middle no matter what reduces the meaning of the middle section. Unless you define liberal and conservative ideas to be a 100% coverage of the possible political trends/ideas, you fail to distinguish those that simply don't fall into either of the 2 categories.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote