View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 09:53 PM   #981
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
"trying to toe the line too neutrally" intrigues me, because that's the keel he was on in the turbo - he fence-sat so hard he probably has butt marks even now. you seem kinda high on him for like, the exact thing i just saw work for him as a wolf, though you probably didn't read that game. although as i've mentioned, he's had suspicions on people earlier this time and actually voted and stuff, which is what has been allaying those fears of a repeat
Xiz just pointed that out too. And maybe that's how Cel played there, but that's not actually how I was describing their game here--Cel feels too opinionated. Ironically, I was kind of more describing the way I play a lot--talking to the group rather than actually challenging people, and thus avoiding engagement that way.

Quote:
what do you think is different tonally?
He actually felt more free-flowing when playing as a wolf; the jokes here felt slightly more mechanical, but that's purely a gut thing. I actually like that he challenged me a bit.

Quote:
underlined: sound like anyone you know? :^)
Stop plagiarizing my own self-critique. :P

Quote:
but yeah tps has played quite a bit, but less in the era of no-open-comms games, so you can factor that into your read. i have stated detail issues with the posts he did make but it's not like they're getting resolved in his absence anyway
That was almost my point--I'm more sympathetic his playstyle for obvious reasons, and the fact that it didn't make me think, "oh hey, town" is sort of concerning in and of itself. But ultimately, there's not enough there for me to feel really confident in a read one way or the other.