View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 03:03 AM   #465
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
Well I'm caught up now, but god damn is there a lot of shit posting going on, is this what the current meta of TWG is like on day 1? : \ This will be a longer post because it's easier for me to get everything out that way and will probably be how I post for the most part this game.

I'm guessing that people treat day 0/1's now as a crapshoot to lynch almost anyone and then analyze the card flip and review how people interacted with that person?

I'm used to games where the the most productive early game discussion dealt with the role mechanics and what optimal strats were surrounding them, but maybe this format has been played to death so much with the current group that it's not necessary anymore?
The mechanics thing will occasionally pop up for weird games, but usually we don't spend much time there

for me personally, I find preoccupation with the setup/mechanics scummy since it has historically been used by wolves to give them something to "talk about" that's not actually solving the game.

your assessment is pretty accurate. First lynch is usually a miss, but scumhunting on D0 is still valuable because it sets interactions into motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic